The ongoing blog series where I ask Justseeds members for five things that have been inspiring them lately. This one from Bec Young of Pittsburgh:
1. Spring – It’s been an especially long and cold winter. I never knew I could love spring the way I love it now.
2. Ocelot Printshop is a space opened in Detroit last year by some of my favorite people. They are busy creating jobs, resources, and artwork in the city that’s trying to rise from her ashes. They recently acquired a 6-color silkscreen press, so hire them for t-shirt and poster printing jobs!
3. Meditation – I’ve been meditating every day for over a month, and I haven’t felt so clear, calm, and creative in years.
4. Cosmos – I’m not one to talk about television shows normally, but I love the new version of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odessy with Neil deGrasse Tyson. I’ve become a bit of a science geek, and it’s visually beautiful too. I was especially excited that so much time was spent on Giordano Bruno in the first episode. I created a design about Bruno for Erik Ruin’s 2012 portfolio, Witches and Mad Prophets. Bruno’s character still intrigues me – he was ahead of his time and passionate about infinity.
5. Incredibox is just so fun. Start with version 1 and work your way up.