This is an "exhibition in a book" – a teaching tool, a collection of reproducible graphics for activists and organizers, and a dialogue starter for community spaces, schools, conferences, and galleries. It can be used to ask important questions about the environment:
- Who benefits from the extraction of natural resources and who pays the costs?
- Are there viable possibilities for alternative energy sources?
- Could the energy produced be more equitably distributed?
- Under what labor conditions is alternative energy produced?
- What does resistance to Western and corporate climate policies look like?
- How does environmental devastation effect different communities along the lines of race, class, and gender?