1. Explain to us the creative process that goes into making one of your pieces. Do you collaborate or work alone?
I pretty much work alone. I will usually ask people’s opinion on something while I’m working on it, but I do all the work myself.
2. What would you be doing if you weren’t doing art?
I have no idea. What else is there to do?
3. Where are you from? Where do you live now? How have these places impacted you as a person and as an artist?
I’m originally from Knoxville, TN. I now live in Los Angeles, CA. The differences in these places has greatly impacted me as a person and an artist. Just the difference in size and variety of people. You realize there are so many ways of looking at the world.
4. Who’s your audience? What have some of the responses been to your pieces, if there were any you know of?
I’m not exactly sure who my audience is. Besides other street artists and people that are into it. I guess it’s pretty random being that anyone can happen upon it. As for responses, I feel most are positive. I run into people on the street that have seen the work and seem excited about it. Some of them even ask for stickers or posters.
5. How important is knowing what and how people feel about your work?
I like to know people see the work and react. I hope it will make them think and have some sort of positive effect. I guess really knowing this isn’t that important. But it is interesting to know what people think.
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? 10 years?
Ah the future question. Well in the future I hope to still be making art and I hope it will be on an even larger scale. I would like my work to explore all the tools available to the mass media, like television.
7. What do you do to pay your bills?
I’m a Freelance Art Director.
Check out 20mg’s site