1) Chloe Eudaley of Reading Frenzy in Portland, OR chose Celebrate People’s History! as one of her top 3 books of 2010! She calls the book “a beautiful document of history and hope and a handy primer for young upstarts!” Read it all at the Portland Mercury website HERE.
2) Truthout published a nice long-format review of Celebrate People’s History! by Eleanor J. Bader HERE. She says, “Celebrate People’s History is a paean to ongoing activism, and the book offers a graphic reminder that people all over the world continue to oppose colonialism, war, workplace violence and exploitation, sexism, racism, homophobia and discrimination.”
3) Amy McKie wrote a really nice review of Celebrate People’s History! on her blog Amy Reads HERE. She says the book, “certainly made me want to learn more about all of these events, and they made me want to be more of a participant in my community.”
4) The British magazine Red Pepper just published a 3 page illustrated interview with me and Alec Dunn about our journal Signal! It piece looks great, and features the art of the Taller Tupac Amaru. It hasn’t been published online yet, but you can find it in their Dec/Jan 2011 issue on newsstands now.
5) Art Crimes just wrote a nice short review of Reproduce & Revolt. Susan write that R&R is “for everyone from eager politickers to the street art aficionado who knows there’s more to the genre than just Banksy.” Read the rest HERE.
6) An article was just posted on Lawrence.com about the upcoming Celebrate People’s History exhibition in Lawrence, KS at the Lawrence Percolator. It’s a nice piece, and can be read HERE.
7) And last but not least, In These Times did a nice write-up on the Justseeds’ Resourced portfolio in their Dec 2010 print issue. It is also not online, but I’ve taken a picture and posted it here: