CALL FOR SALON SUBMISSIONS
Call for artists to donate a work of art to a benefit exhibition for the Iraq Veterans Against the War. We are dedicating one wall of the space for a floor to ceiling installation.
Space is limited to the first 100 works submitted.
The exhibition will run from
Thursday March 5th through Sunday March 22nd, 2009
The Powerhouse Arena in Dumbo
opening with an evening of celebration and performance
Saturday March 7th, 2009
JPEG SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS
1) The artwork should address the narrative of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
2) Dimensions no larger than 8 ½ x 11″
(framing is optional and the responsibility of the artist).
3) Jpegs must be submitted by February 15th;
please send them to: IVAWbenefit@gmail.com
The subject line should read SALON. The jpegs should be no smaller than 1024×768 pixels and no larger than 1620×1080 pixels (@72 dpi).
4) Jpegs should be named as follows:
5) In the body of the email specify the title, date, medium and materials used. Underneath the details of the work(s) please include your contact information.
Artworks will be on sale for $100 each for the duration of the exhibition.
All proceeds will benefit IVAW’s Winter Soldier Project which collects soldiers’ firsthand accounts of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan while providing legal and mental health support.
Artists in the New York metropolitan area are to drop off their works at Powerhouse on Tuesday March 2nd between 10am – 6pm.
Artists outside the New York metropolitan area will be responsible for their own shipping. De-installation will take place on Monday March 23rd.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Maya Joseph-Goteiner & Chere Krakovsky
Benefit Exhibition Organizers