Join members of CTJM to reflect on how art and culture played a central role in envisioning reparations. In this session we’ll talk about far we’ve come, what it took to get here, and the importance of the memorial. Then spend time with artists, writers, and educators to spend time making and creating in a world where there is so much un-making and destruction.
- Writing Workshop with educator Bill Ayers & CTJM member Alice Kim
- Make a quilt patch for incarcerated survivors with artist and CTJM member Dorothy Burge
- Breathe Deeply in a workshop with Patricia Nguyen, co-designer of the memorial “Breath, Form and Freedom”
- Make a protest poster with artist Aaron Hughes
- Learn about teaching the Reparations Won Curriculum via history and art with CPS educators Jen Johnson & Dave Stieber