If you order something from our online shop today, we thank you! We're a small, entirely artist-owned and operated shop. As you might imagine, we're running a little slower than usual in these uncertain times. You might experience a slight delay on your order and on the USPS ship time, but don't worry: we're on it!
Signal is an ongoing book series dedicated to documenting and sharing political graphics, creative projects, and cultural production of international resistance and liberation struggles. Signal digs deep through our common history to unearth this often-overlooked but essential role art and culture have played in struggles the world over. Published by PM Press.
Signal 02 includes:
– Revolutionary Mozambican painter Malangatana Valente Nguenha by Judy Seidman
– Murals from the Carnation Revolution in Portugal by Phil Mailer
– A collection of early 20th-Century broadsides from Freedom newspaper
– The Gestetner Press and its influence on movements by Lincoln Cushing
– Oaxacan Street Art by Deborah Caplow
– The Yamaga Manga an illustrated history of early Japanese anarchism
– A history of Danish art collective Røde Mor by Kaper Ostrup Frederiksen
Signal:01 is available HERE.
Signal:03 is available HERE.
Signal:04 is available HERE.
You can also purchase all three issues as a set HERE.
“A Time of Expectant Hopes,” a collaboration between Pete Railand and Jenna Valoe, including works inspired by 19th century union banners, suffragist banners, and modern day activist banners. Opening Friday…
Many artists, including many of us at Justseeds, are facing acute economic consequences as a result of the COVID19 pandemic:
cancelled art fairs, lost opportunities, dwindling sales. If you were thinking about supporting your friendly neighborhood radical artists’ cooperative by picking up a print, poster or book from our shop, now would be a great time, and much appreciated!
For the time being, please enjoy
15% Off Any Order + Free Domestic Shipping on all orders
from the Justseeds shop.
(Enter coupon code “InThisTogether” at checkout if you don’t see an automatic discount)