Signal is an ongoing book series dedicated to documenting and sharing political graphics, creative projects, and cultural production of international resistance and liberation struggles. Signal digs deep through our common history to unearth this often-overlooked but essential role art and culture have played in struggles the world over. Published by PM Press.
Signal 02 includes:
– Revolutionary Mozambican painter Malangatana Valente Nguenha by Judy Seidman
– Murals from the Carnation Revolution in Portugal by Phil Mailer
– A collection of early 20th-Century broadsides from Freedom newspaper
– The Gestetner Press and its influence on movements by Lincoln Cushing
– Oaxacan Street Art by Deborah Caplow
– The Yamaga Manga an illustrated history of early Japanese anarchism
– A history of Danish art collective Røde Mor by Kaper Ostrup Frederiksen
Signal:01 is available HERE.
Signal:03 is available HERE.
Signal:04 is available HERE.
Signal:05 is available HERE.
Signal:06 is available HERE.
You can also purchase all six issues as a set HERE.