I’m heading out on book tour for the first time in years! I’m so excited about my new book I wanted to get back in gear and travel and talk to people about it, so I’ll be doing about a dozen events in October and November, with more on the way in 2020.
Each show will be a combination book talk and listening session, where I’ll be DJing records on a portable turntable and talking about the use of the vinyl record as a political organizing tool. I’ve found it to be really fun to get a group of people in a room and really try to listen together, and to talk about the impact of music socially, not simply as something we personally like or dislike.
Here is a list of dates and locations, with some details to be filled in ASAP:
- Thursday, Oct. 3rd • WFMU’s This Is the Modern World with DJ Trouble • 10am-12pm
- Friday, Oct. 4th • Printed Matter • NYC
- Thursday, Oct. 10th • Art In These Times • Chicago (in concert with a Justseeds art opening)
- Wednesday, Oct. 16th • Red Emma’s Bookstore & Cafe • Baltimore
- Thursday , Oct. 17 • Maryland Institute College of Art’s Lazarus Center Auditorium • Baltimore (non-book related artist talk, open to the public)
- Monday, Oct 21st • Rhizome • Washington, DC
- Tuesday, Oct. 22nd • George Mason University • Fairfax, VA (details TBA)
- Tuesday, Oct. 29th • Powerhouse Arena • NYC (In conversation with Johnny Temple)
- Friday, Nov. 1st • Making Worlds • Philadelphia (details TBA)
- Thursday, Nov. 7th • New Haven Free Public Library • New Haven, CT
- Friday, Nov. 8th • Symposium Books • Providence
- Saturday, Nov. 9th • Boston Art Book Fair • Boston (details TBA)
- Sunday, Nov. 10th • Quinn’s (with Binnacle Books) • Hudson, NY