Signal is an ongoing book series dedicated to the political graphics, creative projects, and cultural production of international resistance and liberation struggles. Edited by Justseeds members Josh MacPhee and Alec Dunn, Signal celebrates the essential role art and culture have played in struggles the world over.
- An interview with Maryam Pugh, one of the founders of peoples’ t-shirt producer Philadelphia Printworks conducted by DJ, producer, and journalist John Morrison
- Artist/activist Natalia Revale documents the occupation and transformation of an Argentinian commuter rail station in honor of two young activists murdered by the state
- A biography of the 20th century radical Belgian printmaker Albert Daenens by anarchist historian Erik Buelinckx
- Mehdi el Hajoui explores the political, economic, and aesthetic legacy of the printed output of the Situationist International
- Graphic designer Jordi Padró offers a retrospective of left Catalan posters and a history of the Catalan left independist movement
- The designs and international output of Chilean singer Victor Jara, written by Josh MacPhee
- Bay Area journalist Bill Berkowitz interviews one of the giants of Chicano posters- artist and muralist Malaquías Montoya
Signal:01 is available HERE.
Signal:02 is available HERE.
Signal:03 is available HERE.
Signal:04 is available HERE.
Signal:05 is available HERE.
Signal:06 is available HERE.
You can also purchase the first six issues as a set HERE.